HEALTHSOURCE SAGINAW, INC. - Behavioral Medicine Center
White Pine Psychiatric Center
Pathways Chemical Dependency Center
Behavioral Professional Services
An experienced team of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and medical consultants at HealthSource specialize in counseling and therapy for patients experiencing difficulty with chemical dependency, mental health and personal issues. The Center (founded in 1971) offers 61 licensed inpatient psychiatric beds (47 adult and 14 adolescent) and 7 licensed inpatient chemical dependency beds. Annually, HealthSource Saginaw's Behavioral Medicine Center provides over 20,000 days of mental health and chemical dependency care and an additional 10,000 outpatient visits by our psychiatrists and therapists. We serve families, couples, groups and individuals of all ages whose care requirements may range from intensive outpatient therapy to full hospitalization. Our Behavioral Medicine Center provides three areas of treatment:
- White Pine Psychiatric Center: Services are designed to provide inpatient treatment consisting of psychiatry, neuropsychology, internal medicine, clinical social work, therapeutic recreation and mental health nursing for adults and adolescents as young as 8 years of age.
- Pathways Chemical Dependency Center: Services are designed to provide detoxification for chemically dependent persons 18 years of age and older. The Center also assists the patient in becoming substance abuse free.
- Behavioral Professional Services: Services focus on mental health, chemical dependency and personal issues treated by Physicians, Psychiatrists and qualified behavioral counselors with specific behavioral training for adults and adolescents by appointment.
For Admitting Information on our Behavioral Medicine Center, please phone:
(989) 790-7745 for inpatient psychiatric services; (989) 790-7750 for chemical dependency services;
(989) 790-7806 for behavioral professional services or Toll Free (800) 662-6848 and ask for our Admitting Office
HealthSource Saginaw, Inc. accepts most types of insurance including Medicare, Medicaid and Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan.
For more specific insurance information about your coverage please phone:
(989) 790-7700 or Toll Free (800) 662-6848 and ask for our Patient Accounting Department
HealthSource Saginaw, Inc.'s Behavioral Medicine Center is accredited by The Joint Commission (www.jointcommission.org). HealthSource encourages the public to first contact Management if there are concerns or complaints about the safety or quality of care by phoning (989) 790-7700 or toll free at 1-800-662-6848. Secondly, concerns or complaints can be directed to the Joint Commission's Office of Quality Monitoring by either calling 1-800-994-6610 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Behavioral Medicine Center and the Pathways Chemical Dependency Center are also licensed by the Michigan Department of Community Health. (www.michigan.gov/mdch)