Registered Nurse Float 14-219
Department: Extended Care Center
Schedule: Full-time (42 hours/week, every other weekend/holiday), union position
Shift: Nights (7:00 pm - 7:30 am)
Salary: Starting at $ 23.93/hour based on experience level
Benefits: This position offers medical, dental, vision, flex spending, PTO, STD, LTD, Life & AD&D insurance, MERS, and tuition reimbursement.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Performs duties in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of HealthSource Saginaw and any applicable Federal, State and/or regulatory guidelines. Responsible for assessing, planning, organizing, administering, documenting and evaluating the appropriateness of resident care in accordance with the resident care plan, patient/resident care standards and physician's treatment plan. Responsible for teaching and providing psycho-social support to residents and/or families. Oversees the work of professional and non-professional Nursing personnel. Responsible for providing quality of care and making observations of a designated number of residents under the general supervision of a Nurse Manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses resident's condition on admission and on an ongoing basis based on observation and/or interview of resident and/or family, physician's diagnosis, laboratory findings and any other pertinent information and uses professional judgement to prepare a measurable, attainable, reasonable, specific and individualized plan of care for the residents.
- Participates in resident care conferences for planning, implementing and evaluating resident care and updates care plans to facility policy and procedure or resident's condition changes.
- Provides professional nursing care including the administration of medications, starting and monitoring IV's and performing the more complex as well as routine treatments as prescribed by a physician or as indicated by resident's condition.
- Uses professional judgment regarding appropriateness of care given the present condition of the resident. Modifies treatments and/or contacts physician depending on the circumstances.
- Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team in planning, evaluating and revising the resident's plan of care. Directs other nursing personnel in the implementation of that care plan. Evaluates quality of care provided and provides guidance and direction.
- Makes regular rounds of assigned residents independently and/or with Nurse Manager/Charge Nurse, Supervisor and/or physician, observes and evaluates patient's symptoms, progress and reaction to treatments and medications. Recognizes common alterations in resident's physiological and psychological status and initiates appropriate action to provide safe therapeutic approaches.
- Completes necessary documentation and reports to Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse or physician all pertinent observations related to resident care, meds given, treatments administered and so forth.
- Responsible for the resident/family teaching and/or significant others regarding the resident care plan. Explains home care methods and instructions necessary for continuing resident and rehabilitation following discharge.
- Assists in orienting and training new personnel to the unit and serves as a resource person for other facility personnel and students.
- Communicates with other facility departments as necessary to resolve operational problems and to utilize their expertise in planning and delivering quality of resident care by following safety and infection control standards.
- Implements specific responsibilities as delegated by Nurse Manager/Charge Nurse. May assume responsibility for some of the Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse functions as assigned in their absence.
- Serves on committees and attends staff meetings. Attends all mandatory inservices and maintains and enhances own personal and professional growth and development.
Will support and participate in the Performance Improvement process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Practices Standard Precautions, utilizing hand washing and barrier use when there is risk of contact with blood, body fluid, mucous membrane or non-intact skin. Provides barrier for self when there is evidence of non-intact skin on hands.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and holding a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Work requires general orientation and unit orientation to acquire familiarity and knowledge with facility and unit policy and procedures and resident care standards.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with residents, families and/or significant others, physicians and other facility personnel.
- Must possess analytical skills and sound nursing knowledge for the effective formulation of resident care plans, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of appropriateness of care and documentation of pertinent information regarding resident's condition.
- The nurse must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the residents served by HealthSource Saginaw. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the resident's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each resident's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit/department's policies and procedures.
How to apply:
Qualified individuals interested in this position please follow this link to Applicant Pro to apply: http://healthsource.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Thank you for your interest in HealthSource Saginaw.