HealthSource is committed to protecting the health and safety of our patients, residents, and staff at all times, especially during the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. We understand the emotional impact caused by visitation restrictions and separation from loved ones, and will find innovative ways to help patients and residents celebrate the holidays through virtual visits, window visits, and additional phone calls.
To minimize exposure and possible transmission of COVID-19 through the holiday season here are a few things to consider:
- Limit close contact (maintain physical distancing of six feet or more), keep gatherings as small as possible, and use technology to engage with others remotely.
- Wear facemasks or cloth face covering at all times (including in cars, homes, restaurants, etc.).
- Limit contact with commonly touched surfaces or shared items.
- Keep safe around food and drinks. Avoid communal serving utensils, passing of food, potluck or buffet style food service, and instead opt for individually prepared plates by a single server.
- Perform hand hygiene often (e.g., wash hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer).
- Avoid large gatherings, crowded areas, and high-risk activities such as singing.
- For those attending a gathering, avoid contact with individuals outside of their household for 14 days prior to the gathering.
- Ask anyone who has signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or has been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, to not attend the gathering.
- If possible, conduct gatherings outdoors. Indoor gatherings should have good ventilation, open windows and doors if possible.
- Verbally greet others instead of shaking hands or giving hugs. Think ahead about how you will manage to prevent physical interactions with loved ones of different ages such as young children.
- Check local conditions and state requirements for precautions and restrictions, including positivity rates and quarantine requirements, before crossing state lines.
As we progress through these challenging times, we express our sincere gratitude for everyone doing their part to help protect the health and wellness of our patients, residents, and staff.