HealthSource Saginaw is monitoring the worldwide response to the coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19, a major global health concern. HealthSource executives are in contact with the local and state health officials to take all precautions to protect our patients, residents, and staff.
As the virus spreads within the U.S., the elderly and those with multiple medical problems are at highest risk. Because the populations we work with are at high risk for complications with this virus we have restricted visitation and limited non-essential healthcare personnel, except for certain compassionate care situations. We are encouraging communications through the phone or via the internet with video chat, and have setup tablets on our units to allow patients and residents to communicate with their loved ones. Some examples of additional precautions we have put in place:
- Actively screening all new admissions and implementing precautions if necessary.
- Monitoring temperatures for all employees and screening for signs & symptoms of COVID-19 at the start of each shift.
- Requiring personal (cloth) masks for anyone entering the building.
- Checking temperatures and other vital signs for all patients & residents on a daily basis.
- Creating education modules for employees related to hand hygiene, COVID-19 and environmental cleaning.
- Minimizing visits of non-clinical staff to patient & resident areas.
- Developing a dedicated COVID-19 page on our intranet for employee communication & resources.
- Continuously monitoring our stock of personal protective equipment, antibacterial products & other supplies on a daily basis.
- Additional sanitizing of common & high touch areas by housekeeping and direct care staff.
- Adjusting meal times on our nursing units in order to allow better separation of residents.
How may I communicate with a patient or resident?
We are encouraging communications through the phone or via the internet with video chat. We have setup tablets on the units that will allow residents to communicate with their loved ones. As more information becomes
available we will post to our website and Facebook page.
Can I provide goods and services to my loved one such as snacks, shampoo or laundry? How can I get these items to my loved ones?
Items can be brought into the facility and dropped off for loved ones. We will sanitize the items and provide them. We can also work with the unit managers to provide laundry services onsite free of charge. Clothing will need to be labeled with the resident’s name and this can also be done onsite at no charge. We can also work with you to exchange dirty/clean laundry.
How long will the facility be limiting visitation?
At this time we are following the CDC guidelines and do not have a time table. As information becomes available we will provide updates.
Can my loved one visit family or friends outside of the facility?
Patients receiving inpatient services can only leave the facility for medically necessary appointments and procedures.
Is HealthSource still providing outpatient Services?
Yes we are still providing outpatient services. Patients receiving outpatient treatment are screened daily for COVID-19 signs and symptoms and are restricted to areas not used by residents and patients receiving inpatient services.